A computed tomography (CT) scan utilizes a combination of x-rays and computed imaging techniques to form a more complete image of the inside of a person’s body. It creates cross-section images, otherwise known as slices that allows the scan to produce a significantly more detailed image of a patient’s internals.
The main advantage of using a CT scan machine in Rockville MD is the fact that it can do more than what traditional x-ray images can.
It can create a comprehensive picture that includes images of blood vessels, bones, fatty tissue, muscles, organs and other tissues within the body. The computed component of a CT scan in Rockville MD is what gives it the ability to make these distinctions between tissues.
The best way to understand why Dr. Naran may choose to use a CT scan is to explore some of the cases where a CT scan may be used.
These cases include:
- To provide a more detailed picture of the chest and abdominal cavities
- To check for obstructions and malformations in blood vessels, muscles and other soft tissues
- Examining the brain for tumors and other abnormal growths
- Detecting, diagnosing and assessing different cancers that may be present in the body
- Diagnosing kidney and liver disease, and assessing the vascular issues associated with their respective developments
- Assessing and diagnosing the condition of internal organs, such as after a traumatic injury
- Guidance during biopsies and other evaluations
- Determining the cause of various vascular malfunctions
Our radiology clinic provides expert service, and utilizes the latest technologies with our CT scan in machine Rockville MD. We aim to provide our patients with the highest quality of service to ensure that they receive the proper diagnosis.
Trust our quality care for superb patient-oriented CT scans.