• Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled exam time.
• Bring your provider’s order/script, photo ID, and valid form of payment.
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing with as little metal as possible.
• Leave jewelry, hairpins, wallets, and other metal trinkets at home if possible.
• Abstain from food or caffeine for four hours prior to your exam time (other liquids are fine).
When you arrive:
• Our clerical team will request that you fill out some routine paperwork for your exam.
• Once paperwork and processing is completed, a technologist will escort you to a private room and have you store your personal belongings.
• The technologist will go over the exam and give you an opportunity to ask questions.
• Your Whole Body Scan is a combination of MRI and CT. Typically we start with the MRI portion of the exam.
This will take approximately 60 minutes. Multiple coils (cameras) will be placed on your body to allow for the highest clarity and quality.
Some sequences will require you to hold your breath for about 15 seconds at a time, but most just require you to hold very still.
You will be provided headphones for your choice of music for your enjoyment!
• Once the MRI portion is completed, you will be escorted to the CT scanner.
Leads will be placed on your chest to assure the cardiac scan is motion-free. After a few breath holds, the scan will be over.
After your exam:
• The technologist will escort you back to your dressing room to collect your personal belongings.
• About 15 minutes after the last portion of your exam, a CD copy of the images will be given to you and you’re free to go.
• Your study will be read by a board certified, fellowship trained radiologist within 24 hours after your exam.
• A report will be generated and sent to your ordering provider. At this time, you may return to the office to pick up your report. You may also request a copy to be faxed or mailed to you instead of coming back to the office.